- One out of every three women will be a victim of violence in her lifetime.
- Homicide is a leading cause of death for pregnant women.
- Women and girls ages 15 to 44 are more likely to be maimed or killed by men than by malaria, cancer, war or traffic accidents combined.
- The children most at risk of attempted abduction by strangers are girls ages 10 to 14, many on their way to or from school.
- Every year, 60 million girls are sexually assaulted at or on their way to school.
- In some parts of the world a girl is more likely to be raped than to learn how to read.
- Only about one third of countries around the world have laws in place to combat violence against women, and in most of these countries those laws are not enforced.
- Every 2 minutes, someone in the U.S. is sexually assaulted.
- 97% of rapists will never spend a day in jail.
And the reward: Women work 67% of the world’s working hours, yet earn only 10% of the world’s income.